Yếu tố ngữ pháp là một trong những tiêu chí chấm điểm trong bài thi IELTS Speaking & Writing. Nó chiếm 25% tổng điểm của bạn ở mỗi kỹ năng. Có thể nói ngữ pháp là một yếu tố rất quan trọng trong bài thi IETLS. Và trong bài viết dưới đây, hãy cùng tìm hiểu 10 cấu trúc ngữ pháp để thể hiện quan điểm đối lập trong bài thi Speaking & Writing nhé. Hy vọng, bài viết này sẽ giúp ích cho các bạn trong quá trình ôn luyện về kỹ năng Speaking & Writing.
- Although X verb, Y verb
==>Although some people…., I prefer….
“Although”, also known as “even though” or “is to show this contrast. It’s a such a useful word when you’re writing essays or speaking in a formal setting.
Although X verb, Y verb : Although some people would like to have a lot of children, the cost of raising them has to be considered first.
Although some people…., I prefer….: Although some young people consider travelling as the best way to turn into a mature person, I prefer going abroad to study for a tertiary level to broaden my experience which can help me be fully developed in mind.
2. Despite the fact that + clause, X verb
If you are not a fan of using although, you can use this structure to be more flexible with your sentences, & make your English sound more articulate and fluent.
- All in all, despite the fact that there are some interesting programmes, much of the time children spend watching TV would be better spent on other activities.
3. Nevertheless, X verb, Y verb
It is true that more and more factories are being built along this stretch of the river and that a certain amount of waste will inevitably be discharged into the river. Nevertheless, in all the discussions that I have had with these firms’ representatives, I have not found one who does not have a responsible attitude to environmental protection.
4. In spite of Verb-ing/ Noun-phrase, X verb
- In spite of the advantages of living in big cities, people have a proclivity to live in the countryside.
- Regardless of Noun-phrase, Subject + Verb
Regardless of: without regard or consideration for
- Regardless of their skin color, background or what their language is, we should treat everyone equally.
- Albeit Noun Phrase/Clause, S + V
– Albeit is often used to introduce an adjectival or adverbial phrase that makes a concession about the preceding noun or verb
Example: The sponge was very absorbent, soaking up all the soda, albeit with some effort.
– In rarer cases, albeit may introduce a dependent clause
Example: The good news is that he is back at Tannadice and has resumed his duties, albeit he will not rejoin the board.
- Having said that, S + V
Meaning: a signal that they will say something which will contrast with what they said a moment ago.
Example: I suppose many people could argue that my country’s food isn’t healthy. Having said that, there is a new trend now toward vegan or vegetarian food and there is a new restaurant in my neighborhood. I feel great when I eat there!
- At the same time S + V
Example: ’From my perspective, we are gradually moving towards technology for every kid in the classroom. At the same time I know there are a range of school districts who can’t afford that kind of technology.
- Notwithstanding Noun/the fact that Clause, S + V
Meaning: is used in the same way as “despite” (more formal)
Example: Notwithstanding its profitability /the fact that the factory farming can be profitable, there are major doubts about its morality
- Much as Clause, S + V
Meaning: A very strong form of “although”
Example: Much as mass tourism is harmful to the environment, it should still be encouraged.
Chúc các bạn học tập tốt!