Chủ đề Criminal là một trong những chủ đề lớn và phổ biến trong IELTS Writing task 2. Và bài viết dưới đây, sẽ cung cấp cho các bạn một số Collocation liên quan đến chủ đề này để bạn có thể làm quen và có ý tưởng viết một bài essay đạt band điểm cao.
crime and punishment: Tội phạm và hình phạt
- The crime rate: a measure of the number of crimes in a particular area during a period of time
Nghĩa: Tỷ lệ tội phạm
=> The reduction of the crime rate is the main goal for lawmakers.
- To commit a crime: does something wrong or illegal.
Nghĩa: Thực hiện hành vi phạm pháp
=> In the US, a young person who commits a crime by stealing a car will almost certainly go to prison.
- Prison sentence: the period of time served in prison under such as a sentence.
Nghĩa: phạt tù giam
=> It is the heated debate that government have to pass lenient laws that would avoid the prison sentence while others think it would increase the crime rate in our society.
- Deterrent: a punishment makes somebody less likely to do illegal activities.
=> The death penalty acts as a deterrent to people who wish to bring drugs illegally into another country.
- Loss of freedom: Be not free
Nghĩa: Mất tự do
=> Loss of freedom is a punishment that offenders have to face when they go to jail.
- White-collar crime: Crimes committed by “office works”, for example, fraud.
Nghĩa: hành vi tội phạm phi bạo lực vì mục đích tài chính của những người làm thuê
=> More and more employees who work in a bank turn into crime as white-collar crime.
- To put on probation: To be under supervision to ensure their good behavior
Nghĩa: chịu án treo
=> Sometimes first-time offenders are not imprisoned but are put on probation for a set period of time to ensure their good behaviour.
8 . Social isolation: the state of separating somebody from our society.
Nghĩa: tách biệt, biệt lập
=> The offenders have to serve the prison sentence as the social isolation to remain safety of society.
- A violent criminal: Includes assault, mugging and robbery.
Nghĩa: tội phạm bạo lực
=> A student who is bullied at school may turn into a violent criminal when they grow up.
- Motive for crime: The reason why people commit crimes
=> A desire for revenge on his wife is a motive for his crime as murder.