Trước khi bắt đầu thực hành trả lời các bài thi IELTS khác nhau Nói về chủ đề bạn sẽ học một số từ vựng chủ đề để biết cách cấu trúc câu trả lời.
Để có thể chinh phục được phần thi IELTS Speaking các bạn cần phải nắm được các từ vựng về chủ đề đó.
Và trong bài viết sau đây sẽ tổng hợp cho các bạn một số từ vựng về chủ đề: Music.
->My dad is fond of classical music. He listens to Mozart and Beethoven every day.
- classical music: music that is thought to be a part of a long, formal tradition.
->One of the most famous pop-singers in the history are Michael Jackson and Madonna.
- pop music: a genre of popular music.
->My favourite music genre is rock. I adore such rock bands as Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Beatles.
- rock music: music that is based around amplified instruments, especially the electric guitar and electric bass, and is characterized by driving rhythms.
->I heard a catchy song the other day and now it's stuck in my head.
- catchy tune: a tune or a song that's easy to remember and that you enjoy singing.
->Yesterday I heard a very annoying elevator music in the local supermarket.
- elevator music: music that is played in places like supermarket or family restaurant. Almost always is very repetitive and annoying.
->I prefer listening to a live music than to a recording. It's much more emotional and energetic.
- live music: music performance in front of an audience.
->When my teacher told me that I got the highest mark in the class for the assignment, it was like music to my ears.
- music to one's ears: something (often information) very pleasant and enjoyable to someone.
->I often listen to classical music and go to opera.
- opera: a kind of performance in which actors sing during their play with music performed by an orchestra.
->I set my favourite song as a ringtone on my cell phone.
- ringtone: sound that a cell phone makes when someone is calling.
->Last week I was on my favourite rock band's concert.
- rock band: musicians that play rock music.
->Alhough I'm tone deaf, I'd like to learn to sing properly in the future.
- tone deaf: not able to discern the notes properly.
->I heard a tuneful choir of birds yesterday morning.
- tuneful: pleasant and melodious music or sound.
->Little children often sound like a broken record and it annoys most people.
- to sound like a broken record: to repeat yourself again and again.
->I realised that I hit a false note on the exam when I received a 0 mark afterwards.
- to strike (hit) a false note: to do something wrong.
->If you commit a crime, eventually, you'll have to face the music.
- to face the music: to have to accept the unpleasant consequences of your actions.
->I think I heard this song somewhere. It definitely rings a bell.
- to ring a bell: to sound familiar.
Chúc các bạn học tốt!
Xem thêm: Một số lỗi thông thường trong Ielts Speaking - Phần 2
5 Bước để học từ vựng đơn giản nhất
Nguyên nhân vì sao luyện nghe tiếng ANH không hiệu quả